Re: Gnome logout script

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 03:31, Mariano Suarez-Alvarez wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 08:51, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> > I'm looking into adding a logout script to Gnome.  We need to do various
> > things when a user logs out such as force Evolution to terminate with
> > killev, and I've read a few other requests for a similar feature.
>
> Shouldn't evolution be fixed so that it terminates when the session is
> over?

Yes.  Lack of session management support is a very old bug in our
Bugzilla...  We just never got around implementing it.

Also, killev'ing (or evolution --force-shutdown) is not right; for
example, it will cause changes to your mail flags (e.g. read/important)
to not be synced to the disk.

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>