Shutdown with gnome-session and GDM

Hi,

I made 2 patches for gnome-session (2.2.2) and GDM to have
shutdown work from the gnome logout dialog without using the
Red Hat specific code.

Is there a chance that this functionality would make its way into
gnome-session at all?

There is a discussion on debian-gtk-gnome lists debian org on
some details. Currently I'm fighting with the GDM maintainer
about whether the communication between gnome-session and GDM
should be blocking or asynchronous Unix domain socket IO.

Since you decide what goes in gnome-session I need your opinions
to know if I can throw away my patch or what changes are required.

Best regards,
Jarno