Re: Proposal for inclusion of mozilla-bonobo in 2.5

> Given that in the core desktop we are moving away from embedded views,
> I'm not sure this is a good idea at all.  Generally, if I have a file, I
> want to view it in a real window, not an embedded stripped-down "view"
> in a web browser.
>
> Are there any cases for *requiring* this functionality in order to
> browse a site?

I don't think there are any cases for *requiring* the functionality (and
indeed, I agree with moving away from full-page views in general) but I
think this is important as a lot of web pages have various embedded
pieces that might be viewable with a given bonobo control.  It'd be nice
to be able to use this rather than wait for $VENDOR to release a plugin
for Mozilla for one and Linux (*BSD, etc.) for two.  GNOME and Mozilla
work on far more platforms than most proprietary plugin vendors are
willing to support.  And plugger is just awful ;-P
--
Shahms King <shahms shahms com>