Re: Proposal for inclusion of mozilla-bonobo in 2.5

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 19:44, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> cc'ing Chris Blizzard and quoting your full mail. Chris is planning to
> work on a new plugin system for Gecko using XEMBED, etc. instead of Xt

	Of course - if this means that GtkPlug/Socket get a lot of hard-core
attention, this is excellent news; ultimately that work is necessary
independent of whatever's underneath.

	Ultimately though - I think this is a fairly good application of
bonobo, which has the advantage of a deployed and stable API, and
potentially richer functionality than a bare plug/socket. Also saves
writing yet another activation / component system where components need
registering etc.

	I'd personally like to see OO.o embedded in Mozilla - esp. after the
great work that Martin K did on the bonobo component for that - which
works in nautilus but not in mozilla-bonobo yet [ due to obscure
plug/socket issues ].

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot