Re: porting to new gtk widgets

On 24/10/2003 12:21 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

Hey,
	So I decided to port the panel from the APIs that are deprecated in
gtk+ HEAD. I thought it would be an easy enough job until I hit the
first deprecated widget in a glade file :-)

	We can't really hope to port from things like GtkOptionMenu to
GtkComboBox if glade/libglade does not yet support GtkComboBox. So if
someone is looking for a really helpful, but pretty straightforward
project, then this is it ! We really need support for those new APIs in
glade ...
Sure. I will have to do a bit more hacking on libglade to bring it up to speed for gtk 2.4. Note however that libglade already has basic support for GtkComboBox -- If you put a line like the following in your program: /* we use volatile here so that the compiler doesn't optimise this away */
   volatile GType dummy_type = GTK_TYPE_COMBO_BOX;

Then libglade will be able to construct a GtkComboBox if found in the glade file (how well this works depends on how good the property support in the widget is).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/