PHP Syntax Highlighting in gedit

I really want to add PHP syntax highlighting to gedit.

I've copied /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/html.lang to
/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/php.lang and changed the
mime type to application/x-php. I figured that html was a good starting
point because it is a subset of php in practice[1].

But I still get no highlighting whatsoever when I open a php file.
Anyone got any idea where I'm going wrong?

[1] Is it possible to make one language defn inherit another ?

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org