Re: Gnome desktop files doesn't follow the freedesktop standards

Britt Selvitelle wrote:

I must say I agree here. Imposing generic names for all core Gnome applicatins seems like a bad idea. For example look at other platforms:

Microsoft Windows:
 Internet Explorer (Web Browser)
 Explorer (File Management)
 Outlook (Email)

I have Windows XP and the menu (in classic mode) certainly does not show "Internet Explorer (Web Browser), but just "Internet Explorer". In "Luna mode", IE and OE is a large item in the start menu, and looks like this:
Internet Explorer
Web Browser
Outlook Express
Email

The functional name is below the application name, and only when not in classic mode, and only for a few applications.