Re: GtkFileChooser API work

El mar, 02-09-2003 a las 22:17, Shaun McCance escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 14:06, Ricardo Fernández Pascual wrote:
> > El mar, 02-09-2003 a las 16:43, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> > > hmm, bookmarks. Wasn't there some work on freedesktop.org to have a
> > > shred location for bookmarks? If so, the file selector could use that.
> >
> > FWIW, XBEL is the nearest thing to a de facto standard for now. Both
> > Konqueror and Galeon interoperate using it. It is far from perfect but
> > it works reasonably well and is extensible.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the Epiphany project decided to use their own proprietary
> > format.
>
> I wouldn't exactly call RDF "proprietary", what with it being a W3C
> recommendation and all.  Perhaps you were looking for a different word,
> like "standard".
>
> As far as I'm concerned, RDF is the way to go.  Heirarchy-based browsers
> can use heirarchy-oriented properties, and category-based browsers could
> use category-based properties.  Epiphany seems to use some properties
> from Dublin Core, which is a Good Thing.

I looked at the file ~/.gnome/epiphany/bookmarks.xml, which certainly is
not RDF. I executed epiphany a long time ago and that file must be from
an old version. I have executed it again and now I see a bookmarks.rdf
file which looks a lot better. Sorry for spreading FUD against Epiphany.

Anyway, what I wanted to say in my mail was actually that Marco was
right, the easy part is agreeing about a file format.

--
Ricardo Fernández Pascual
ric users sourceforge net