Re: GtkFileChooser API work [getting OT]

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 21:02, iain wrote:
> But my point is that we shouldn't make it more confusing than it already
> is. Let's lower the barrier to entry, so that when your mother sits at
> the computer she can look at something like .settings and think "That'll
> be where the settings are", rather than seeing .etc/ and having to go
> out and buy some UNIX history book to discover what it contains.

But is that directory useful to her at all? Why would she care about hidden
directories? Why should she care about implementation details? Why *should*
she care? And if she looks inside the directory and look at all the
xml/ini/whatever files, she'll still not understand a thing.