Re: Clipboards in Windows

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 06:41:52PM -0700, Bob Smith wrote:
> Question. The problem thats trying to be solved is apps being able to
> paste after the application exits, right? Has anyone entertained the
> idea of not letting the application fully exit until the clipboard
> changes?

Personally I think this would be an ugly hack.  I like the idea of just
putting text in a clipboard and dealing with it.  The fact that GNOME
still can't even paste copied text after an app has closed is pretty
shocking to me.  I know that dealing with OLE type stuff is a PITA, but
I would think that getting plain old copy and pasting working would be
something put in early and then deal with OLE style stuff later.

</rant>

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain