Re: GTK unlock dialog for Xscreensaver

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 09:37, Glynn Foster wrote:
> FWIW, I'd *love* to see someone sit down and write an integrated and
> maintainable screensaver and cut out all those 80's style screensaver
> hacks - I even tried to convince Sun to only ship < 10, but that didn't
> get very far ;)

	The great thing about shipping all the screensavers is that all your
users get to contribute to the ongoing covert 'distributed X testing'
program.

	In addition to burning the megawatts[1] xscreensaver (particularly
OpenGL stuff) is hammering bits of your hardware / X-server that were
added only to bulk out the line-count, not to actually be used. The
great benefit of this of course is that on coming back from lunch,
and/or in the morning[2] - the machine is hard locked up, and rendering
flickering, striated fuzz at you.

	Hrm,

		Michael.

[1] - the megawatt hour costs only ~$25 here in England; it's claimed
that you can get 3-4 limbs per megawatt hour in California; people with
long spare lengths of cable must be told.
[2] - and/or after one of those minute long pauses for thought.
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot