GNOME 2.4.0 now available for FreeBSD

I am pleased to announce I have just completed the port of GNOME 2.4.0
to FreeBSD.  While it will not make our 4.9-RELEASE (we're in code
freeze now), it will make into the tree in time for our 5.2-RELEASE.  In
the meantime, it is available, as all the GNOME 2.3 snaps were, in my
CVS repo at http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi under the
``ports'' module.

I would like to thank all of the GNOME development teams that
incorporated our FreeBSD portability patches especially the GDM team
that pro-actively got the patches, and made some very welcome changes.

Our GNOME 2.3 users have done nothing but rave about the new version.
It looks like a real winner.  Thanks to everyone.

Joe

P.S. If someone could update the GNOME 2.4 Start page to point the
FreeBSD users to http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/, that would be great.
Thanks.
--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus FreeBSD org