Re: gswitchit: the earlier the better

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 19:48, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> - Would it make sense to contact HP or any other vendor of commercial X
> servers and ask them question about their opinion on the problem of
> multiple layouts? If so, how could I find the contacts?
>
> - If commercial vendors do not show any interest, will GNOME still be
> interested in adopting gswitchit into the core?
>
> - Quite possible, commercial X servers have their own approaches to xkb
> i18n and configuration. Is there anyone here who uses these servers
> could help me with evaluating gswitchit on non-xfree platform?

My opinion is that if you have an abstraction layer where someone could
theoretically add support for other platforms, it's fine if we only
actually support XFree86 4.3. Just be sure the configure script detects
the situation and doesn't install something that won't work.
If vendors care about the functionality they can add support for it.

Havoc