Re: network://

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 23:14, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are planning, in gnome-network, to do some Zeroconf (aka RendezVous)
> support. One of the things we are thinking is to have some special
> folders in network:// that allow the user to view the autodetected
> services for different protocols.

Just one quick note from a top-down interaction design point of view:

The fact that a server has been detected by zeroconf as apposed to any
of the other types of network systems (samba master browser for example)
should be an implementation detail and as such should not be exposed
from the ui.

network:// is not the best at the moment, it needs to be improved and
zeroconf should be taken into account but it should not be a sepporate
entity. At the end of the day you want to be able to see all the
services on your network in a way that makes sense on the whole.

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org