currupt icons in new gnome 2.4

Hey folks.  Just got gnome 2.4 installed on my gentoo system and I must
say, fantastic job!  The only thing I've come across that is making
things less than usable right now is that in nautilus, both on the
desktop and in windows, I am seeing strange icon curruptiong, with icons
seeming to swap between each other and flashing back between normal and
a strange combination of themselves and other icons.  I have a
screenshot at:

http://arcterex.net/stuff/currupt-icons.png

Bugzilla doesn't seem to sport any information, and while I'm going to
assume it's something specific to my compile, any clues as to how to fix
would be most appreciated.

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain