Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 06:53, David Emory Watson wrote:
> You rock Dave (and I don't mean your musical preferences).
>
> One idea for a possible embelishment: by default the oo metaphor is used
> everywhere.  To switch between metaphors a thumbtack like widget is
> provided on the toolbar.  When "pressed" the location bar appears, new
> folders open in the same window, etc.
>
> Actually, this is might be a crap idea.  Multimode navigation could be
> confusing if not done carefully...

This is exactly what we're trying to avoid. The object oriented model
can't be tinkered with like that, or the conceptual model people build
up will not be the right one. The navigation model window must clearly
be something "different", that is used by users who understands/prefer
that model.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a gun-slinging drug-addicted househusband with a mysterious suitcase
handcuffed to his arm. She's an artistic antique-collecting single mother
fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!