Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

<quote who="Eugenia Loli-Queru">

> Actually, a lot of BeOS users were really newbies, surprisingly enough.
> Computer enthusiasts yes, but not all of them were proficient. It was
> countless times that I had to tell people on forums or IM to open a
> terminal on BeOS to fix their driver or other problems and they just
> didn't know how to use a terminal _at all_.

That's a terrible metric for determining the computing proficiency (or,
rather, interest) of a user. I know plenty of Windows users who are highly
technical and highly interested in computing who do not know how (or why) to
use a command line interface.

BeOS users were, for the most part, very interested and/or technically
proficient - they had a personal stake in their use of the software. We're
aiming for a tougher audience than that.

:-)

- Jeff

   "Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long
               before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox