Re: Volume handling proposal

> > Finally, I think that the "Location" entry should in fact be a sub-menu
> > enabling you to browse the file-system from /home/yourself.
>
> However, i'm not sure about this. These menus could become enourmous,
> and very hard to browse. Its also not really possible to select a
> directory in this model. You can't select object with subdirectories. So
> you can't even use it to go to home. Plus, it sort of goes against the
> spatial model doesn't it? Not horribly so I guess, but still. Its

I see your point and you're right. However, a possible solution would be
to have an "open" entry at the beginning of each sub-menu.

For example, you would have:

Home -> Open
        Desktop
        Photos    -> Open
        Music        Ireland   -> Open
        Videos       France       Cork
                                  Kinsale
                                  Dublin

But you're right when you say that you might have loads of files/folders
in some sub-menus. Maybe showing only folders could solve that ?

However, when you say that it goes against the spatial model, I'd say
that, on the contrary, it complements it. I mean that having an easy and
quick way to reach a nested folder would avoid having to open bunches of
windows and then close them.