Re: Volume handling proposal

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 16:48, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > And like I said already, we need to forget the idea of "mounting"
> > something, that should be transparent to the users. Users can just pop
> > out a floppy after they read a file or wrote to the disk anyway.
>
> Really? I thought that would cause problems using the floppy drive the
> next time...

This I would consider a bug, honestly.  if the floppy is removed, it
should be auto-unmounted.  if there was any unwritten data in buffers
(for floppies and the like, the buffers should be flushed ASAP by the
OS) it should just be discarded.  if the user was 'unfortunate' enough
to remove the disk too quickly... oh well.  there's not much we can
really do when people are using out-dated storage devices.  :(

(Can you tell I hate floppies?  ;-)

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.