Re: spatial stuff detail

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 02:39, Arik Devens wrote:
> The feature I most wish GNOME supported from RoX is the idea of an
> application as a directory. Mac OS X does this too, and it makes WAY
> more sense then the way most of Linux currently works from a new user
> perspective.
>
> Installing new programs is one of the least new-user-friendly aspects
> of Linux right now, and application-as-directory packing would make
> this problem disappear.

In order to make this work *really* well, we'd need a lot more than just
GNOME supporting it.  Apps/utilities installed this way would need to be
found by the shell, documentation by the 'info' command and other
documentation browsers, etc.

I believe the LinuxStep project covered the details in a bit more depth
on their website.