Re: spatial stuff detail

Am 23.09.2003 19:15:55 schrieb(en) Hongli Lai:
John Siracusa wrote:

But then AppFolders won't work well in Linux. There are lots of users who will launch the app from the commandline, or from a file manager that doesn't support "AppFolder installation".

The ROX project offers a patch for bash which lets you launch appdirs like any commandline tool. About the other file-managers. Well, darkness is POSIX standard. We know that. We have decided not to let this lowest common denominator nonsense, prevalent in the *nix world, stop us from building a usable desktop and workstation OS. Adding basic support for appdirs to a file- manager is a matter of hours.