Re: close button on terminal tabs

Le mar 23/09/2003 à 20:24, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 13:53, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> > Hi Havoc,
> > 	I was thinking that it would be nice to have a close button on each tab
> > of the terminal, like gedit and epiphany do.
> >
> > Since it seemed easy enaugh, I went ahead and created the attached
> > patch.
>
> I think there's a bug in bugzilla about this, it may even have a patch
> also. Could you attach your patch to that bug? I remember making some
> comments on that bug that probably apply to this patch as well.

Isn't there a bigger problem of sub-window management (I didn't say MDI)
? Each and every big app implement it's own tabbed windows (like galeon)
or aggregated windows (like gimp) widget. I imagine this has been
already flamed^Wdiscussed to death, but shouldn't there be an optional
protocol for "subwindows" (placement, etc.) between toolkit and
WM/pagers/etc. ? Or at least some well-thought toolkit helper ?
Having a specific inconsistent behavior for each application isn't that
pretty.

	Xav