applet + sockets = 'No such process' during 'pthread_getschedparam'

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a Gnome2 (2.4) applet which works fine until I add some
socket code. After that it writes:

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 135 (): error 'No such
process' during 'pthread_getschedparam (pthread_self(), &policy, &sched)'
aborting...
Neoprávněný přístup do paměti (SIGSEGV)

The applet itself without socket code works fine, the socket code with text
interface too, but merged together even if I only add the socket code
and don't use it, always ends like described above. Simply if there are
some socket functions in the source code (even if the program doesn't call
them), it is bad.

I use this line to compile the applet:

gcc -Wall `pkg-config --libs --cflags libpanelapplet-2.0` `gnome-config
--libs --cflags gnomeui` shtherm.c -o shtherm-applet

Compilation is OK (without warnings, etc.). Can anyone tell me how to fix
it?

Thank you in advance,

Petr Koloros