Re: making tarballs smaller

Ehm, make that Makefile.in.in instead of Makefile.in
I believe Jody added to this file a simple rm -f $(GMOFILES) command to
a maintainer-clean rule:

maintainer-clean: distclean
	@echo "This command is intended for maintainers to use;"
	@echo "it deletes files that may require special tools to rebuild."