Re: XML libs (was Re: gconf backend)

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:57:31AM -0700, Evan Martin wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:07:52AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I've also ran into problems handling errors, though I can't remember the
> details.  Here's the comment from the code that uses libxml to check
> a block of text as valid xml.
>
> /* it appears there's no way to attach a pointer to a libXML
> * parser context,

  This has been fixed, there is now a _private field for this. Once
it got asked for that was done. But who asked for it ? Not the GNOME
people ... and they never heard about the fact that this was added,
why ?

> (This is probably the wrong place to bring it up, but it seemed
> relevant.  I don't mean to just flame libxml-- I use it all the time--
> but I did want to reinforce both of Havoc's points.)

  And I will reinforce my point that it is the wrong place, that
this was fixed, but you did put yourself in a situation where you
could not possibly know about it by not asking for it on bugzilla
and not being on the list either.
  this has been added for a while, searching for "parser context _private"
on xmlsoft.org search engine
  http://xmlsoft.org/search.php?query=parser+context+_private&scope=any
shows a post from September 2002 about the behaviour of _private on
parser context...

Daniel