Re: gconf backend

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 05:49, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The new gconf backend I wrote a year ago seems to use about 50% of the
> memory of the current one and I think Mark discovered that it's faster
> CPU-wise also. Switching should thus save several megabytes desktop
> footprint and some noticeable app startup and login time.

	Any chance of the patch that glups together small, scattered %gconf.xml
files into larger ones going in ? [ AFAIR it was perhaps not always
clear at what depth to best do this but ... ].

	Of course as/when the kernel people give us a nice
'throw-away-disk-cache' tool - it'll be easier to test this sort of
optimisation;

	Good stuff anyway,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot