Re: new menu spec in 2.6

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 03:54, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For 2.6 we really need to move to the new menu specification, or we will
> be lame and embarrassed and unable to fully enjoy the glorious new
> nautilus, file selector, volume handling, and other toys.
>
> Here is the status:
>
>  1. There's an implementation in desktop-file-utils that
>     includes a VFS backend. It's within a few days of
>     being good enough for a read only implementation.
>
>  2. Editing is horrible. Horrible. The mere thought of
>     finishing the VFS-based editing implementation gives me
>     nightmares.
>     I could do a lot more useful things with this time.

Personally I think editing menus in Nautilus was stupid from day one,
and I said so.

>  3. Some people have mentioned re-adding Favorites to 2.6,
>     don't know if it will happen.

The favourites I wanted was more about locations than apps though.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced umbrella-wielding werewolf with a winning smile and a way
with the ladies. She's a bloodthirsty winged mechanic with an evil twin
sister. They fight crime!