Re: new menu spec in 2.6

Le mar 30/09/2003 à 16:11, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 04:10, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > I really want to switch our new distro release to the XDG menu spec
> > since both GNOME and KDE have almost working XDG menu implementation. We
> > (Mandrakesoft) still want to support other WMs so we will probably need
> > a menu editor for those WM and a way to convert XDG menu to internal WM
> > format (something similar to Debian menu method)..
>
> desktop-menu-tool in desktop-file-utils does exactly this (I even have a
> patch submitted that I haven't applied yet for WindowMaker support for
> example). The XDG->WM functionality should be very simple if you want to
> use this tool.

Yes, I remember reading about that..
BTW, it seems desktop-file-utils CVS has not been moved to new
cvs.freedesktop.org infrastructure..

But if I work on supporting other window managers, I want to be sure it
can be reused by other people :)

> > Why not use menudrake (probably a version with some Mdk enhancement
> > disabled) for that ?
>
> Sounds pretty interesting to me, for sure...

James told me on IRC he wasn't sure a "gmenu"-like editor (like
menudrake/kmenuedit) was a good idea for VFS-based menu editing.. I
think we could add this in a "gmenu"-like editor without too much
trouble but it might need some discussions (/me crosses fingers..)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft