Re: Proposal for a new g-c-c menu layout for GNOME 2.8

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 06:05:28PM -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> Also, as I said in the past, many Gnome pref panels should become a single
> panel. For example, it is not right to have 3-4 different keyboard-related
> panels scattered around. That's how a KDE-like bloat comes to life. ;-)

Agreed which is why they have merged to a large extent in 2.6

- layout merged into keyboard
- and multimedia keys merged into bindings

For 2.8 we're considering moving layout into a new 'locale' capplet
and moving the bindings into keyboard, leaving just one keyboard
capplet.  However, there is no consensus on this as yet.