Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology

Hey,

> >  7. Sun has a lot less money to spend than Microsoft.
>
> SCO had even less, and look at all the trouble they have caused.
>
> If you are willing to believe your seven points as legally sound, Java
> is a passable platform, but history shows otherwise.  Sun has gone to
> court over the control of Java before while Microsoft has never gone to
> court over this.

Arguably because they feel more strongly about preserving compatibility
than Microsoft ever has - although I'm sure you'll come up with counter
examples against this.

I remember reading something about Sun never making any money out of
Java - that might still hold true, but at the end of the day I think I
trust Sun to do the right thing [1]. Sun has a strong commitment to the
open source community despite that not being entirely obvious from time
to time. We've made mistakes in the past, and will continue to make
mistakes, but ultimately we'll learn from those and be better community
players.

Glynn

[1] Call it naive corporate loyalty if you want