Re: Negotiating for using Royalty Free patents

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 02:32:29PM -0600, Ryan McDougall wrote:
>
> > also know that a community is represented by its individuals, whether
> > the community likes it or not. Therefore, I'm giving you, personally,

If by "represent" here you mean "speak on behalf of the community to
outside companies, organizations, etc.," then no, the community in this
case is not represented by its individuals. It is represented by the
Foundation, which was set up for this purpose[1].

And yes, Daniel is, as you put it, "an easily excitable guy." But I've
learned a great deal over the years by ignoring Daniel's excitement and
listening to what he actually has to say. Be careful not to attribute to
Daniel's excitability that which can be more easily explained by your
own thoughtless behavior.

Cheers,
John

[1] "The Foundation will act as an official voice for the GNOME
project." GNOME Foundation Charter