gnome-panel transparency problems

I've been modifying the gnome-applets applets to work with pseudo-transparency now that it is working in gnome-panel, but have noticed what may be a bug. Specifically, it is in gnome-panel's change-background signal.

When, in a panel's properties, the user changes the transparency slider, a continuous stream of change-background signals is sent to the applet. This is fine, but the problem is that they alternate between GNOME_PIXMAP_BACKGROUND and GNOME_NO_BACKGROUND types about equally. If a GNOME_PIXMAP_BACKGROUND was always sent last, this would not be an issue (besides some flicker), but that is not the case.

I can see no reason why a GNOME_NO_BACKGROUND change-background signal would be sent to an applet in this situation, but I thought I would ask before submitting a bug report.

I have been able to work around this bug by causing applets to wait 100 miliseconds after a change-background signal and perform its own panel_applet_get_background() call, which seems to always work.

Incidentally, I am wondering if a patch to gnome-applets with pseudo-transparency support for all the applets would be welcome.

Regards,

		Kurt Fitzner