Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

> One downside is that the necessary application changesprobably can't
> be done automatically by changing GTK+. Just adding
> gtk_main_quit_after_losing_selection() and have applications call that
> instead of gtk_main_quit() might be enough, though.

Perhaps there would be a better name for such a function though.
Something which represents to the programmer something more like "quit
when all my services are done". I see GNOME moving more and more to a
document based viewpoint, where the processes are just an artifact of
the services they provide. Gedit for instance is a SERVICE that provides
a text editor interface. Maybe gtk_main_quit() becomes
gtk_main_quit_interactive(), which represents that the program should
end all interactive abilities, and become just a "service" sitting in
the background, waiting to fulfill whatever duties are left to it. In
our case providing the clipboard.