Re: Translators (Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps asolution)

Jerry Haltom wrote:

> You make this idea sound so nice though. =/
>
> My only concern with this is remote X apps. The only constant that binds
> applications on a screen are that they all go through the same X server.
> What about running The GIMP remotely to copy an image to a local
> program? The GIMP's translators aren't on the local system.
> Or is there a way around this?

I don't see how the translators will work differently than the "traditional"
direct library binding method. I mean, Translators are just an abstraction,
if you can't copy/paste remotely with them, you shouldn't be able to do so
with normal libraries either...

Eugenia