Re: Copyright assignment

On Mon, 2004-02-08 at 17:47 -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:
[snip]

> There's no need to force assignment of copyright to the GNOME
> foundation, and I think you'd have a really hard to convincing Novell to
> do that.  Similarly, there are thousands of copyright holders in GNOME,
> and it'd be pretty asymmetric not to ask that they reassign their
> copyrights as well.
>
> Nat

Can developers have the option to assign copyright to GNOME foundation
for any GNOME code they write, with the ability for the GNOME foundation
to license (or directly assign) all evolution copyrights to Novell?

Any problem can be solved with sufficient levels of indirection, no? :)

The practical issue of paperwork signing should really be considered by
Novell, since it will limit its developer base.

Cheers,
Ryan