Re: Copyright assignment

 --- Elijah P Newren <newren math utah edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 09:44 -0700, Rob Adams wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > If
> > we add BSD licensed code to the platform, we are allowed to license it
> > under the GPL, and contributor contributions could be protected by the
> > GPL.
>
> So you're saying that we should only accept a project under the BSD
> license into the platform if we first fork it and release under the GPL?
> That is precisely what I was disagreeing with.

You can't do that anyways - you can only make your own changes gpl, the original
would still be bsd licenced. Nobody other than the copyright owner can change the
licence. As things stand, gnome lives in an environment where large pasrt of the
infrastructure are bsd / mit licenced or have other similar licences.