Re: problem with cvs fdo - modules not found

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 11:28 +0100, James Henstridge wrote:
> On 11/08/04 10:04, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >

> >>for info - I worked out what the the problem was fdo cvs does not seem
> >>to work by module name the same way as gnome eg:
> >>
> >>gstreamer
> >>
> >>rather than cvs co gstreamer, I have to do
> >>cvs -d gstreamer gstreamer/gtreamer (to put it it the directory
> >>gstreamer)
> >>
> >>ie: the module tends to be one level down
> >>

> >This is not true at all.  How are you checking out stuff ? Give us some
> >info to work with.
> >

> This sounds like he is using the wrong CVSROOT.  I'd guess Mike is using
> ":pserver:anoncvs cvs freedesktop org:/cvs" instead of
> ":pserver:anoncvs cvs freedesktop org:/cvs/gstreamer".
>
> While you can access the source code with either root, the second is
> better, since it means you are using the same path names as the
> developers (so it is a lot easier to switch a working copy over to an
> read/write CVS root if you ever become a developer).
>
> James.

As per the instructions on fdo.org

CVS
Anonymous CVS is available from:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs login

<enter>

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs co

You can browse the modules via web at http://cvs.freedesktop.org.

CVS commits can be monitored on a per-project basis. See the project's
page for more info.

See UsingCvs for help with developer CVS access.

If you have some code that may be of cross-desktop interest, we're happy
to host it on our CVS server, and you may want to bring it up for
discussion on xdg-list. Mail the fd.o admins with requests for CVS
access; be sure to include a pointer to the work you want to put in CVS.

this works

cvs -d ':pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/ cvs -d desktop-file-
utils menus/desktop-file-utils

this doesn't (as per instructions)
cvs -d ':pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/ desktop-file-utils