Re: help needed: window focus bugs

This thing (focus stealing prevention) scares the bejeesus out of me,
accessibility-wise.  Is there some way to just turn it off at the
WM-config level, instead of rebuilding metacity, if it turns out to
break some of the accessibility stuff?

Our a11y support is pretty sensitive to changes in focus behavior, and I
can't really think of any good exceptions to the "new toplevels must get
focus" policy that we've documented to date, at least for users with
vision-related issues.  It's too late in the 2.7/2.8 cycle IMO for us to
have confidence that the new behavior will work OK for screenreader
users or users of big magnification factors.

regards

- Bill