Re: new modules consensus

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:09 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 12:47, Martyn Russell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 15:28, Rodney Dawes wrote:
>
> > > There is a patch. I am not sure if it is in yet or not, but if not, it
> > > should be going in within the next few days.
> >
> > Why not depend on GTK 2.4? (is there a mail thread about this?)
>
> Because Novell has customers that are using older releases of their
> OS/GNOME/GTK+, and they want the latest version of Evolution.  Thus,
> Evolution must be able to work on older GTK+ versions.  This is side
> effect of the fact that Evolution is a separate product developed apart
> from GNOME, and is not something intended solely for GNOME as is, say,
> Nautilus or Epiphany.

Its not really this, Evolution requires a lot of testing and we like to
have snapshot available on a variety of platforms and until FC2 no one
included gtk+ 2.4 (well, maybe debian i guess).  We are moving away from
this need by going to shorter release cycles hence fewer features and
less testing required between releases.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>