Re: new modules consensus

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 11:53 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> >> Yeah, sysadmining of large numbers of systems needs to be easier. But
> >> that
> >> doesn't need to make it difficult for single machines to be setup (I'm
> >> sure that's not what you mean).
> >>
> >> Is there anything about g-s-t that makes you think that it would be
> >> impossible in future to allow
> >> 1. A sysadmin to configure multiple computers/users.
> >>
> > gst already supports remote access IIRC.
>
> I think Havoc was talking about admining lots of systems all at once,
> rather than doing them one by one, even if that's remote.

ah, ok. Anyway, I don't see that as a reason to prevent GST from being
included now. It could be made clear that that is what we want, and so
Carlos and other GST hackers can then work on that for future versions.

For distros, right now, if they don't want GST included, they can just
ignore it, but it would be a nice move to adopt a sysadmin set of tools
as the official for GNOME and thus try to take the distro people to work
with GST on a common solution for everyone.

While GST is not included as official part of GNOME, distros won't pay
any attention to it, and they will continue to work on their own
solution.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>