Re: (No default theme change please) Re: default theme consensus

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 03:17, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Because indu[b|s]trial (I never heard of glider before) does not yet work
> properly with many applications that subclass GtkMenuItems (Applications
> built with language bindings. Also gossip, and others, I think), I request
> that we do not make this change. And if we had already made the change, I
> would be asking for us to revert it now rather than when it's too late to
> revert it to correct the regression.

For the record, this also affects Yelp.  Yelp 2.6 uses GtkItemFactory to
create the menu.  That might be the cause.  It's either that, or this
line I found hidden in the GTK+ source code:

if (!strcmp (get_author (), "Hallski")) show_white_background ();

Strange.

--
Shaun