Re: Why do maintainers "sync" po files in cvs?

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 23:26 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
>
> > Personally I always (I don't think I have messed up yet) do a "cd po &&
> > rm *.po && cvs up" after I've run "make dist". It's a little bit of a
> > hassle but not nearly as big as it is getting conflicts...
>
> 2) do a 'cp -a po po.save'. When making a tarball the auto stuff will
>
> 11) tag the release
>
> Seems to work fine.

My recipe is to keep two CVS trees, one in which I work and another kept
in pristine condition. I then *copy* the pristine one, run autogen.sh and
make distcheck. It avoids the current problem and also ensures that CVS
contains everything it should.

 - Callum