Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

> Hi,
>
> Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> There is talk about including the Time and Users in control-center, but
>> I think its too late in this release cycle for those kind of changes.
>
> Why gnome-release team doesn't include gnome-system-tools, because it is
> too
> late? I've heard this opinion for 3 times - first, when gnome-system-tools
> were
> proposed to be included in gnome 2.4, second time for gnome 2.6 and now :(
> (look at
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-July/msg00016.html
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-February/msg00221.html
> )

Well, the problem is that the g-s-t maintainer might not have time to
split up his tarbll. Of course it's not his fault that it took this long
for it to be clear that he needs to do that (assuming that's our
consensus).

But maybe (Mark?) the g-s-t maintainer (Carlos) should have the chance to
split up his package quickly if he can. Maybe we should give him a week?

I did suggest during 2.3/2.4 that he should do this in advance, because
this was likely to be necessary. But he chose to gamble that all of g-s-t
would be accepted. So it's not _all_ our fault.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com