Re: bonobo activation environment matching and DISPLAY

The sentiments below make a lot of sense to me. What we ended up doing is using the "old API" and doing our own canonicalization (but poking the result into a "private" req_env string to avoid undesired side-effects)>

Do we need gdk_display_name_canonical (gchar *display_name) ?

[It still wouldn't solve all the issues, as it would require a gtk+ dependency on all clients of the api, but it would help in a number of places].

- Bill