Re: OAFIID and Package Config Breakage

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:21 +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 22:16 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 13:48 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> > > The Evolution team has erroneously been using the unstable major/minor
> > > (1.5) to tag various items, such as OAFIIDs, binary, and (especially)
> > > the pkg-config file.  We'd like to fix this and release 1.5.94.1 to
> > > cover this situation for the release candidate, is this acceptable?
> > >
> > > Note, EDS does the right thing and connector would need a small change
> > > for this as well.  I believe the clock in the panel would also need a
> > > small change.
> >
> > 1 approval of 2, but please try to update everything at once to avoid
> > build problems that could delay GNOME test releases.
>
> ... approval 2 of 2, sounds like a worthwhile change to the release
> candidate, but of course anything depending on evo components will have
> to bump their dependencies and so on which might mean re-releasing.

They should only have to bump only if they rely directly on a versioned
binary or on the versioned OAFIIDs or are there own evolution
components.  Just using libebook or libecal is not enough to require a
re-release.

Should we go ahead and do this for the deadline today then or wait until
there is a clock applet fix?

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>