Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

Hey,

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:47 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
<snip>
> However, share-this-folder is not such a bad idea for use case
> two. But, I argue that the concept of user-space filesharing itself
> doesn't work well for use case two, since:
> * File sharing stops when the user logs off. This is not a big problem
>   for use case 1, but it is a critical problem for use case 2.

This can be a problem, and the only thing missing from g-u-s right now,
to be able to alleviate this problem is some way to see if anyone is
connected to the share (Windows would tell you "2 users are using files
in this share. Are you sure you want to remove this share?", or
something like that).

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry
them in hot grease.