Re: Namespace Management in GNOME

Dnia 03-12-2004, pią o godzinie 12:05 -0600, Brian Cameron napisał:
> Larry Virden said:
>  > A related issue, in my mind, is the files installed in the user's
>  > /home directory.
>  > [...]
>  > Why can't all of this be put under a single directory?
>
> Good point.  I think it would be good to put together is a GEP that
> highlights not just the most appropriate file-install locations for
> directories like datadir, sysconfigdir, etc., but also the best
> file locations for use in the user's $HOME directory.

Note there is (and was, as it seems to have recurred several times
dating back to 2003-something) sort-of ongoing discussion on
freedesktop's XDG list which tackles exactly the $HOME issue. Keywords
for searches in archives are '~/.etc', '"local" data in home
directories", "home directories", and variations thereof.

HTH,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>