Re: Font Configuration Applet

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 00:43 +0100, Markus Bertheau wrote:

> > For the window title fonts... maybe. Though there are probably themes
> > out there that are designed for other fonts.
>
> When it's eye candy vs. less preferences, I think less preferences is
> more important. The window title font and the desktop font preferences
> can probably be left in gconf easily, as that code is already there.

I cannot agree.  On my smaller screened machines, I need to reduce the
font size of title bar fonts.  I think it is fine for the theme to set
the font-family, but until the theme scales to the screen size, users do
need to change the fonts.  Let me retract that.  My wife and mother both
have all fonts set larger on their computers even though they have large
screens because they have poor vision.  Setting a single proportion for
all fonts may work, but taking away the control of the size will cause
usability problems.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.