Re: jhbuilding proposed modules [was: Re: Proposed Module Request, Request]

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 12:03 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Perhaps it would make sense to have a "meta-gnome-proposed" meta module
> > that listed all the proposed modules, as a way to build all the proposed
> > 2.10 modules though.  That might do what you want.
>
> FWIW, I'm adding this right now, based on follow ups to murray's email:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-November/msg00560.html
>
> things I'm adding:
>
> * totem
> * gnome-schedule
> * gnome-backgrounds
> * gnome-user-share
> (I'm sure I'm missing things here...)
>
> already included:
> * gnome-doc-utils
>
> can't really include:
> * polypaudio: I can test that it builds, but not that anything builds
> agianst it, without dropping esd and stopping testing of that.
>
> not terribly useful to include (IMHO, stand willing to be corrected):
> * galago
> * libnotify
> * libgnomesu
>
> I don't believe in including libraries that aren't used anywhere yet;
> IMHO that gives a false sense of security about their level of testing.

jhbuild is for testing. It shouldn't give anybody a sense of security.
I'd add them. That makes it easier for people to try to use them.

However, I'm not personally going to support their inclusion in the
Desktop release if no desktop module uses them (even in a branch).

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com