Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On 10/12/04 14:57, Damon Chaplin wrote:

If we have a capplet for setting special folder paths, at least they
have more visibility than under windows. So developers should at least
be aware that these settings exist.

I think we just need a good document like "Integrating 3rd Party Apps
with GNOME" that covers this as well as things like .desktop files and
MIME types. If 3rd Party developers want to integrate well with GNOME
they will follow it.
Such information exists for Windows developers too, yet there is a fair number of applications out there that ignore the correct way of handling things. It isn't clear to me that such a document would help Gnome when it didn't for Windows.

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/